I just shipped out my latest bottle opener which looks similar to my last one but it very much is the next generation of bottle openers that I've made.
This one is predominantly walnut with a maple strip that's off center. It's finished with tung oil this time around. I've learned that tung oil will dry and seal the wood with a mat finish that will harden over time which is great for a project like this. The grain stood out immediately upon contact with the finish.
I sanded the material to 220 grit which gave it a fine baby's face smooth feel.
Now, the update is in the magnets!! I used larger magnets on the back to allow for a stronger hold to the refrigerator and I added more large magnets to catch the bottle caps better when they fall from the opener! This one turned out better than I expected and I now have a better magnet formula for putting these together. Thanks for checking out my work!
Welcome to WoodProjectsbyBagel!