Here's a bowl I turned out of Bloodwood I found at an exotic lumber store in town. This material has a really distinct grain pattern and defined color. The downside to using this lumber species in my climate is that while taking a break between turning sessions, the material expands and contracts drastically. I had to put cyanoacrylate glue in all of the cracks and the bowl came out of round a country Le of times which was difficult to work with. In the end, I got it trued up, sanded down and finished with some Tung oil that gave it a great sheen! My dad really likes it and I'm glad to have made this one of a kind bowl as I won't bring myself to work with this bloodwood species again hopefully.
Thanks for checking out my work!
Here's what I've been working on this past weekend. It's a maple panel that I glued up a long time ago and I worked on a digital design for awhile before deciding on this layout.
I photoshopped a Trojan helmet I found online and tweaked the design to work with my Dremel bit sizes. Yes, I dremeled the whole design out which took awhile but I think it looks pretty great!
I painted the carving with acrylic paint and then sanded the design to give it a crisp edged.
All that's left is some routing of the edges and to apply a clear coat of something awesome to protect the wood.
Thanks for checking out my work! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
I just finished a live edge birch log candle stand for my house i think unless someone wants to purchase it. I cut this log chunk over a month ago to see if I could use it in my apple trophies and as you saw before, I'm glad I didn't use it for trophies. This birch came from my grandmother's back yard tree that was cut down over a year ago now.
With a ton of sanding to accentuate the grain, I put a couple of coats of wipe on polyurethane on all surfaces to protect them and it's done!
Thanks as always for checking out my work!
In a business side note, www.woodprojectsbybagel.com will continue online for another year!
I ordered a new tool in September that came on a really beaten up pallet. I cut it all down into different pieces that could become some really excellent looking candle holders. Here's one I made a couple of days ago after work! Happy Holidays! This is my first WoodProjectsbyBagel Christmas season thanks for the support!
Last night my wife and I spent time putting up the projects j built and getting most of the nursery to the finish touch stage I think. The change table stand and the shelves look pretty slick! Thanks for checking out my work!
Welcome to WoodProjectsbyBagel!