Here's a bowl I turned out of Bloodwood I found at an exotic lumber store in town. This material has a really distinct grain pattern and defined color. The downside to using this lumber species in my climate is that while taking a break between turning sessions, the material expands and contracts drastically. I had to put cyanoacrylate glue in all of the cracks and the bowl came out of round a country Le of times which was difficult to work with. In the end, I got it trued up, sanded down and finished with some Tung oil that gave it a great sheen! My dad really likes it and I'm glad to have made this one of a kind bowl as I won't bring myself to work with this bloodwood species again hopefully.
Thanks for checking out my work!
Welcome to WoodProjectsbyBagel!