5/9/2015 0 Comments
Sorry for the post shortage lately. Work has been super crazy and Audrey is now two months old! Time is flying and my project list is growing exponentially.
Here's what I've been working on:
I've been learning about casting pen blanks and have ordered the necessary components to start making my own. There are basically 2 different methods that I'd like to try but I'm going to start with the cheaper of the two first before diving deeper into this craft more. The rack I built out of scrap wood and cut a pvc pipe into 6" lengths.
Then you plug the bottom of the pipe with a cork and rubber barrier. Mix up your resin and pour it into the pipe. Leave it to set for 24hrs and then PPP out the new pen blank. Sounds simple. Let's give it a try!
I'm going into the shop today to hopefully finish carving 6 maple bowls like this one. It's the prototype and I'm carving the remaining 5 to match this one.
Lastly, I tried my hand, finally, at tinting epoxy and using it as grout between veneer pieces. This looks pretty cool! It needs a bit more sanding but man is it a different procedure that looks great!
I have a feeling that I'm going to go into box production mode soon.
That's all for me right now. Thanks for sticking with me and coming back to check out my work! More projects are coming soon.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to WoodProjectsbyBagel!