Today was a pretty productive day! I got some birch plywood sheets for the base and top of the bed for the drama production. I'm really hoping to have that project finished next week. Afterwards, I've been working to get caught up on other work and then, not surprisingly, I got distracted with an experimental project I started over a month ago with maple and walnut scraps. I've been watching a couple of videos on YouTube about making plates/platters on the lathe with laminated material.
The project has linseed oil on it and I may try a spray lacquer after the oil dries. This is very much a decorative project that I think would look good propped up on a nice stand or with some fruit or a large candle on it. Thanks for checking out my work!
Welcome to WoodProjectsbyBagel!